Saturday, August 13, 2011

Clearly Canadian (# /100)

I've always loved cards of players in their national team jerseys. Back in the mid-90's Upper Deck routinely released cards of players in their World Juniors' jerseys. One year in particular, I decided to try to get as many of these as possible autographed and succeeded in getting about 10 (I'll add some pictures later). However, it's been nearly impossible to find cards of current NHL players in their national team jerseys (probably because of Olympic rights, etc). So, I was presently surprised to find this Eric Staal Clearly Canadian (# /100) card a few weeks ago. I was able to get it for a very good price. It features Staal in presumably a uniform from the World Championships. This was the first time that I had ever seen this card, so it was a must have for my collection.

2 comments:

  1. I love those cards myself. Although I can never afford them usually... but nice pickup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like cards featuring players in their national jerseys! Hope to collect some in the near future.

    ReplyDelete