Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dual Signatures

Another popular card being printed these days is the dual (or even triple) signatures card. Although these cards are generally not as valuable as a single signature jersey card, they are more unique. I came across an Eric Staal / Erik Cole dual signatures card (before Cole signed with Montreal) and ended up buying it at a great price. I think the choice of Staal / Cole was a great combination because the pair routinely played as linemates. Other combinations that I have my eye on are: Brind'Amour / Staal (Hurricanes Captains), Staal / Ward (All-Stars), and Eric / Jordan / Marc Staal. I also think we may see an Yzerman / Skinner dual signatures card in 2011-12 packs.

Misc. Observations: In regards to the McBain Young Guns card that I previously posted, one noteworthy feature is that McBain is wearing the #4 jersey and a Reebok helmet. McBain wore #28 and a Reebok helmet during the 2009-10 season, but switched to #4 and a CCM helmet for the 2010-11 season. With this in mind, I immediately thought that Upper Deck had "photoshopped" the #4 onto McBain's jersey. However, the Hurricanes didn't start wearing the patch until the regular season and I confirmed in photos that McBain wore a Reebok helmet at least during training camp (although I couldn't confirm whether he did so in the Atlanta pre-season game - notice the color of the dividers in the photo, indicating that it was taken during a game in Atlanta). All of McBain's other rookie cards feature him in either a #4 jersey and CCM helmet or a #28 jersey and Reebok helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment