Monday, August 15, 2011

Zac Dalpe

As I mentioned before, I think Zac Dalpe will end up being the Hurricanes top rookie next season. Since Dalpe started off the season with the Hurricanes this year, his rookie cards can be found in 2010-11 packs. However, since he spent the majority of the season under the radar in the American Hockey League and is a relative unknown outside the Hurricanes fan base, Dalpe's 2010-11 rookie cards are available at an affordable price. Therefore, I decided to track a number of these cards on eBay with the intention of buying them cheap. In addition to the Playoff Contenders card that I already discussed, I also bought Dalpe's Score Rookies and Traded autographed rookie card. I've got my eyes on a few other Dalpe cards, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

On a related note, the highest priced Dalpe card that I have seen yet is currently selling on eBay for $303 dollars. This autographed Ultimate Shield card is very cool and features the NHL crest from Dalpe's jersey. Numbered 1/1, at $303, you could be the only person in the world to own this card.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love those shield cards. I really hope they make one I can chase for my Jimmy Howard collection someday...

    ReplyDelete