Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cam Ward - The Mask

I picked up this very cool Cam Ward card a couple of weeks ago (the same week I picked up the Staal/Ward Future Teammates card). I really liked the card because it featured only Ward's mask - cards from other years in this series featured basically a head shot of the goaltender (not nearly as cool). By featuring only the mask, the details really stand out. I especially like mask cards because some classmates and I used to design our own masks back in 4th grade when NHL '95 on Sega Genesis was popular. Even though there was no franchise mode, we would act as though there was one and keep track of statistics, standings, etc from season to season in notebooks. Since we would inevitably trade for new goaltenders, we liked to design what their masks would look like if they played for a new team - imagine Patrick Roy on the Flyers, Ed Belfour on the Rangers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment