Friday, August 12, 2011

NHL Store - New York City

I just got back from New York City, which is why I haven't posted in the last two days. Instead of posting a new card, I thought I'd provide my observations of the NHL Store. My experience at the NHL Store was very disappointing. Since this is the NHL's flagship store, I expected it to have pretty much everything you could ever want - or at least everything that's available on the NHL.com online store. However, instead, I found a few racks of random jerseys and a few tables of t-shirts. Essentially, the store was a glorified Footlocker with only Reebok shoes and NHL apparel. What's more, I didn't see a single Hurricanes item in the entire store, even though they had several Hartford Whalers hats, t-shirts, and jackets. You'd think that they'd at least sell Jeff Skinner's jersey and t-shirt since he was the Calder Trophy winner. Overall, I would not recommend wasting your time visiting this store. On a positive note, I made it on TV twice during the Yankees - Angels game - both times when home runs were hit into my section - video here.

Misc. Observations: I tried to find some hockey cards while I was in New York, but was unsuccessful. Every store that I went into only carried baseball cards. So, I'll stick with eBay for now.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know about the store, I was looking forward to stopping there whenever I make it out that way, but maybe not so much now.

    ReplyDelete