Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Future Teammates

About a month ago, I had a really good week on eBay and picked up three very unique cards. Among these cards was an ITG Future Teammates jersey card featuring Cam Ward and Eric Staal with the Lowell Lock Monsters. I really liked this card because it correctly predicted that Ward and Staal would be future teammates (both with the Hurricanes and at the 2011 NHL All-Star Game) and both won the Stanley Cup together the following season. I haven't seen any similar cards recently, but an equally cool card is the ITG Deep in the Crease card released last year that featured Ward, Justin Peters, Mike Murphy, and Justin Pogge (now with Phoenix). I'd like to see something along these lines done in 2011-12, perhaps featuring an NHL and AHL player at various positions (Staal - Dalpe, Gleason - Faulk, Ward - Peters, etc).

Misc. Observations: Having not been too impressed with the Upper Deck MVP cards recently, I've decided to hold off on purchasing any boxes until the 2011-12 Upper Deck Series 1 comes out. I did grab a box of 2010-11 Upper Deck Series 2 this week for a steal, but other than that I plan to wait. I should mention though that I opened a blaster box of Series 2 before I went on vacation and will post the results when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment