Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chicago Visit Review

As promised, here is my review of the Chicago Blackhawks official store as well as a review of their official restaurant. Overall, I was very disappointed with the store. I was expecting something much bigger with lots more exclusive offerings. What I found was a rather small store with primarily over priced jerseys ($330) and t-shirts. Other than that, there was a small wall with some bobbleheads, decals, and key chains. The store was much smaller than either of The Eye locations and offered far less variety in merchandise. I'd really like for these official stores to carry more exclusive merchandise and some autographed and game used items. I actually found a much better selection of small Blackhawks items at a local Best Buy - all of which were on sale at 80% off the original price. I picked up a koozie for $1.60, a keychain for $2.00, and the 2010-11 Score team set for $2.00. The set includes: Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp, Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Dave Bolland, Troy Brouwer, Viktor Stalberg, Jack Skille, Brent Seabrook, Duncan Keith, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Jordan Hendry, Brian Campbell, Tomas Kopecky, and Marty Turco.

I also stopped by the Blackhawks restaurant at O'Hare, but didn't eat - I heard the food was terrible. The primary attraction at the restaurant is a wall featuring several autographed jerseys. Besides that, there are a few photos around the place, but nothing especially unique - probably not worth a visit unless you are flying out of Terminal 2, Gate E3 where the restaurant is located. As promised, I will resume posting Hurricanes cards tomorrow and maybe some autographs on Friday as I plan to attend the Hurricanes conditioning camp in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment