Wednesday, August 31, 2011

City Lights Follow-Up

2011 Pinnacle City Lights - Jeff Skinner
I finally got my Jeff Skinner City Lights card in the mail today. I mentioned this card a few weeks ago because the front of the card features the Charlotte skyline, even though the series is intended to feature the player's home city (Raleigh). I think the back of the card is even more interesting than the front. The top of the back says, "City of Raleigh" across the top. So, I'm not exactly sure where the mixup happened. Also on the back is some lame information about Hurricane Hazel: "The most potent hurricane to ever hit North Carolina was Hazel, a Category 4 beast that struck on the border with South Carolina on Oct. 14, 1954. The storm virtually annihilated Long Beach, N.C., a town that saw only five of 357 buildings left intact following Hazel's 150-mph winds."

1996 Team USA Olympic Jersey - Pat LaFontaine
Misc. Observations: This is going to look really good in my living room - a 1996 USA Olympic jersey signed by Pat LaFontaine. I've had the jersey since 1996, but just decided to get it framed this week. The framing is still a work in progress, so disregard the uneven sleeves for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment